Blogstalking and Comments Welcome!

Blogstalking and Comments Welcome! In fact, I love them!

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

To Tell or Not to Tell?

Mike and I have had the conversation of how long we would wait to tell people we are pregnant 1.000 times over the years and think we have finally come up with an answer. When we first began trying we always said we wouldn’t tell anyone except for our parents and extremely close friends until I was in my second trimester for various reasons. Well, since the years have dragged on and I have become so open about my journey, I have debated if this is still the right thing to do. I am very lucky that so many people keep us and baby Ricci in their thoughts and prayers and I don’t feel it is right to keep such exciting news from people who really care about our journey. I know many people don’t like to tell people before 12 weeks due to the high likelihood of miscarriage but knowing myself, if I were to have a miscarriage, I would want to talk about it. I have always been an open book whether it is regarding my family, my dad’s death, my relationship or infertility and I know a miscarriage wouldn’t be an exception. I would rather go through something that difficult with the support of amazing people than alone, even if it’s painful. So, Mike and I have decided that we will tell our families, dear friends, and anyone who has taken interest in our infertility journey soon after we find out we are expecting. I won’t announce it to the Facebook world until I feel ready but I will post it on this blog after being able to tell our family and friends in person. While this may make for the longest pregnancy in the world, I want to be able to share in this excitement with people who really care. Plus, you KNOW I wouldn’t be able to keep that news to myself!

2 comments:

I AM A DREAMER said...

I hope it's soon. I am dying to hear that news!!!

kortni seegmiller said...

That is a hard decision. I'm trying to figure that out. I had a miscarriage in January (I was like 4-8 weeks)and I think Jonathan's family was more upset than I was (and I was pretty upset - his dad is 72 and has 0 grandchildren). I felt bad making other people sad but it was nice being able to talk to them about it.