Blogstalking and Comments Welcome!

Blogstalking and Comments Welcome! In fact, I love them!

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Officially Inseminated...

Last week I began the process of Intrauterine Insemination or IUI coupled with my follicular study. I went in on Thursday for an ultrasound in order to measure the size of my eggs and they were a healthy 17 mm, just where they needed to be on day 9. My nurse Cindy was really happy with my progress and scheduled me another ultrasound for Tuesday (day 14) to make sure my eggs were still growing properly and were about 20 mm. I went in yesterday and I had two that were measuring 26 mm, which Cindy was really pleased with. She administered my HCG shot, which helps to release the eggs, and told me to come back in the morning with a sample from Mike in order to do the IUI.


Mike and I went in this morning and I was officially inseminated. The process is similar to an annual exam, but definitely more painful because they need to position the speculum just right in order to insert the catheter into me and inject me full of Mike’s “baby batter” as he lovingly calls it. I then had to lay there for 15 minutes and was told by Dr. Terry to think good baby thoughts. I normally don’t make Mike come to these things with me because he has such a busy schedule but I thought it may be weird if today we conceived a child and he wasn’t even there, and it was nice to have his support. Dr. Terry and Cindy made us feel really comfortable and they both are really hoping this will be the month, as are we and lots of other great friends and family. My fingers, toes and everything else are crossed and I can’t wait until May 11th when we get to know the results. Thanks for all the well-wishes, good vibes, thoughts, prayers, wishes and everything else you have all been sending us. Really hoping this will be our month and we will have good news to share sooner than later!

4 comments:

Cory and Kylee said...

My fingers and toes are crossed for you! We find out around the same time if ivf worked for us! I am so excited for you!

Heather and Trevor said...

I am sending good baby thoughts your way!!!

Two plus one = Us said...

OMG I am SO excited for you! I have a good feeling that you will get to be mommy soon. I'm really hoping and wishing for you guys. Scott and I think of you often :) Please keep us updated!

Ruth said...

I'm not superstitious but I AM praying for you guys! ;-) xx