Blogstalking and Comments Welcome!

Blogstalking and Comments Welcome! In fact, I love them!

Monday, April 18, 2011

2 Years and Counting...

Time for a new approach!

As I wrote in my previous post, I will be visiting the Utah Center for Reproductive Medicine next week, but since my cycle started, Mike and I have decided not to waste this one. Dr. Terry has been very informative and he and his nurse are great and can do everything in office with the exception of in-vitro, so we have decided to undergo a follicle study coupled with IUI this month in his office. What this means is that on Thursday I will go in for an ultrasound where they will measure my follicles and then I will go in almost every day for another ultrasound until they reach the desired range of 19-20 mm. Once that occurs they will give me a shot of HCG to release my egg and the next day Mike and I will go in for artificial insemination. I haven’t heard a lot of great things about IUI but since the U can’t see me until I am past my ovulation date, I decided to give it a try. I would rather do something more than just another round of clomid. I am really excited to be moving forward in our fertility journey and I am crossing my fingers, toes and everyone else’s that this will work and baby Ricci will FINALLY be on their way. Either way I am keeping my options open, am still undergoing acupuncture and look forward to the advice the U gives to us and I hope to have a better feel for what the next year will bring. Who thought so many people would be involved in getting baby Ricci here though?!? Definitely not me but I will take all the help I can get. :)

3 comments:

Ruth said...

Sounds like a good idea Lauren! Good luck!! :) xx

Carly said...

we'll be doing our 6th IUI this month, 2 of which have been done at the U. hoping that this is the month for both of us :)

i read your earlier post about wondering if IUI will just prolong the process and i wonder the same thing...am i beating a dead horse with a stick by trying the same thing over and over again, even though it doesn't appear to be working? my doctors have said it can take 4-7 times for it to work so i guess we try a few more and then go from there. if nothing else, infertility keeps you guessing and hopeful, you just never know what may work or what month will be THE month :)

Malerie said...

Good luck! We'll pray for you guys!