Blogstalking and Comments Welcome!

Blogstalking and Comments Welcome! In fact, I love them!

Friday, May 27, 2011

RESOLVE...

A few weeks ago a friend of mine and I went to the SLC RESOLVE group. It was a very good experience and it was nice to be around others who are dealing with the vast array of emotions that come with infertility. It was also nice to be able to ask questions, get insight and advice from others and talk about conditions and treatments I have never heard of. Utah actually has a high number of women who struggle with infertility, but it’s rarely talked about due to the emphasis Utah and the LDS church put on family and children. It’s difficult to be in a society where children are so prevalent and to always be asked “when are you going to have a baby?” or be told almost daily about people who are expecting. I am a huge advocate of support groups, whether for infertility, death, addictions, etc., and really believe that it is the best way to deal with the emotions that come along with this devastating and oftentimes difficult journey.

Following our first meeting the woman who started the group announced she would no longer continue being the group leader since in-vitro finally worked for her and she is pregnant with triplets! She also stated that to have a beneficial peer support group, RESOLVE suggests you should split the group after there are 8 members who come consistently. Due to my work at The Sharing Place and this blog, I decided to take on the task of leading the second RESOLVE group and I couldn’t be more excited!

This new group will begin on July 19th and we will meet the third Tuesday of the month from 6:30 pm until 8:00 pm. Stephanie was incredibly generous and is going to allow us to use one of the rooms at The Sharing Place to hold meetings. The location of The Sharing Place is 1695 East 3300 South and there is plenty of free parking both in the lots and on the street. If you or anyone you know is interested in attending, please feel free to email me at Lauren.Ricci@fmr.com with your contact info, how you heard about group and where you are in your infertility journey and I will be happy to give you all of the information.

I am looking forward to this new challenge and the opportunity to connect with some other women who are currently enduring the pain that is infertility.

Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend! I will update about my surgery sometime next week. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

That's great Lauren, you are such a giver. I wish there was a support group like Resolve down here in St. G. At least I've never been able to find anything. Maybe one day I can visit your group. =)